This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RetroPie on the Tinker Board
(01-21-2018, 01:36 AM)dmw Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 04:07 PM)Desproggster Wrote: as promised the link to new image ... it is slightly larger but easily fits onto 16GB SD card

Retropie Tinker Image 0.2

as for PPSSPP i am just compliling it now to see if it runs and works i will get back to you Big Grin

Kori Big Grin

Thanks for building this. I downloaded and it's up and running. For some reason I can't connect to my WiFi, any ideas? As I was typing this I just realized you probably have your WiFi setting configured for a country other than the US. I'll set my regional settings and let you know if that fixes it.

After setting my WiFi country to US, I was still unable to connect to WiFi. Wired Ethernet works fine. With stock TinkerOS, both Ethernet and WiFi were working. I'll dig around some more tomorrow, just curious if you have any thoughts on what might be different with your build.
i have no issues setting up wifi from US/UK country setting ... can be done through both the desktop and the retropie menu
hey kori still cant use my joypad
so question for those who actually try this img do u got the same prob ?
(01-21-2018, 09:51 AM)ante Wrote: hey kori still cant use my joypad
so question for those who actually try this img do u got the same prob ?

USB NES style controller and Bluetooth Xbox One S controller working here. To get the Xbox One S Bluetooth controller to work, I had to add the following to the append statement in /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf:

bluetooth.disable_ertm=Y

Here's the full contents of my extlinux.conf:
Code:
label kernel-4.4
   kernel /zImage
   fdt /rk3288-miniarm.dtb
   append  earlyprintk console=tty1 rw init=/sbin/init bluetooth.disable_ertm=Y

Also, I just logged in via SSH over WiFi to my Tinker Board to check my extlinux.conf, so I guess that means my WiFi is now working...  Big Grin
ante i dont know about your controller ... i only have the generic snes usb and 8bitdo NES30 Pro controllers so i cant test ... unfortunately you will need to see if you can get the controller installed/configured on the Desktop ... looking on the website for that controller it only shows drivers available for windows
yep thats what im looking for
so after much tinkering today ... i have finally got Kodi up and running on the Retropie image ... connected to my NAS boxes ... content loaded and working ...

Kodi now launches from the Retropie Carouselle and from the PORTS sections ...

simple issue of my controller not being functional ... on the todo list to figure out why Kodi is not seeing it

i will be adding these tweaks to the 16GB image and an upload shall follow probably later today or tomorrow for this functionality Big Grin

Kodi Big Grin
as promised ... please find link with Kodi fully incorporated into Retropie ... functioning from both the PORTS and the Carouselle

Retropie Tinker Image 0.3

happy gaming folks ... please leave feedback ... any tips and tricks you have added ...

Kori Big Grin
Image has been updated to have Kodi 17.3 on the image ...

This is using mac-l1 Script ... as i noticed that when i was watching Avatar yesterday i had sound and no image ... this is down to no HW Acceleration being there

so i used his script and updated to 17.3 ... i did perform a apt-get update && apt-get upgrade prior to running his script so the system is completely upto date as of now ...

performing a apt-get upgrade may break Kodi in the future but i can fix the image at that time

New Image link

Retropie Tinker Image 0.4

Kori Big Grin
Hey gang I also have a working beta image for RetroPie on the Tinker Board. Check it out, when you have a chance. 

Crash's TinkerPIe beta

I have also started working with Kori to steam roll ideas to make a better beta image.  If you want to see what I'm working on. Eta Prime just did a video my beta and you can swing by my channel aswell. There is a sneak peak on there. 

Eta Prime Video

Swing by the: RotT FaceBook Group and join for even more help, trick, and tips.

Swing by My YouTube Channel if you get a chance.