Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RetroPie on the Tinker Board
(02-13-2018, 10:28 PM)Crash Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 09:50 PM)Desproggster Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 04:31 PM)Linker Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 04:12 PM)Desproggster Wrote: what you on about boot/pwd .... it boots directly to Emulationstation ... you then launch lxde desktop from the carouselle ... it doesnt ask for a boot password or any other password ... what are you trying to do?

yes,  It boots directly to Emulstation, then I manually launch lxde desktop from the carouselle....
there IN lxde desktop: if you click in the launchbar tinkerboard settings you have the options to change boot options and tinkerboard password in the same tab. if you do, it doesn't boot properly, please check that.
I don't want to check every option to find out I have to flash the sd card again.
I don't need to reflash the sd card on regular basis.

i do not see what your issue is or what you are doing

Wait, Linker are you trying to have it boot to the desktop, instead of Emulationstation? You'll have to change quite a few settings, and if your changing the host name and or the user name that might cause issues too. Why don't you tell me what you are trying to do and I can walk you through it. 

Also if you want to make your own image let me know I'll get you the one liner I made that grabs all the Dependencies for you.

Side note i'll probably remove the desktop entirely since we now can access all the stuff via retropie menu. wifi etc.

BTW: My comments relate to ROTT 0.6 not ROTT 0.6.5
I managed to get a kernel fix for completely disabling 4k (1080p@60hz max)

https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/thread-1045.html

Tested and works fine on ROTT.

This won't fit all use cases, but for anyone who wants smoother emulationstation GUI on a 4k tv, you can disable 4k entirely (since 4k@30fps kind of sucks)
I'm surprised you haven't set up a github account to host this stuff yet. It'd probably be easier on you all for changes and such.
What is the latest vershion for retropie tinkerboard just built my nespi tinker setup looking for a image to flash now.

Also does anyone have a Nespi case setup with tinkerboard and the duelfan setup i want to get the duelfan but not sure its going to fit unless someone has tried it already.