Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How-To: Change OS Screen Orientation via /system/build.prop
So I have done the steps jamess has mentioned above and my screen displays in portrait the way I want it (as in portrait from left(top) to right(bottom) on landscape) but the touch input is still incorrect. The input is now flipped 180 degrees on landscape (so I swipe up on the screen and I get down and vice versa).

I want to swipe from left to right and this in portrait should be detected as top to bottom. If I set hwrotation to 270 and leave hdmirotation to false, the OS will display portrait in landscape but show from top to bottom instead and the touch input will then work from left(detects as top) to right(detects as bottom) which is how I want the touch input but the orientation of the display is now incorrect.

It seems that when hwrotation=270 and hdmirotation=true, then the touch input is rotated another 90 and is now 360 degrees.

Is there a way to fix this?
(12-04-2017, 08:22 AM)MrRobinson Wrote: Hi Jamess,

Does this also work for rotation for touch input too or is there another setting in the prop file that is needed to do this?

Touch input means touch function of the DSI panel ?
(12-07-2017, 01:17 AM)jamess Wrote:

Does this also work for rotation for touch input too or is there another setting in the prop file that is needed to do this?

We have a Samsung 22" LED DB22D-T screen that is connected by HDMI to the tinkerboard and also by USB A-B cable for touch functionality. We know the screen isn't the issue as we can rotate our linux devices through config settings and it works fine in portrait with touch input. And as I explained above the prop settings on the tinkerboard are changed to rotate the orientation to portrait but the touch input still remains in landscape.
(12-08-2017, 09:02 AM)MrRobinson Wrote:

We have a Samsung 22" LED DB22D-T screen that is connected by HDMI to the tinkerboard and also by USB A-B cable for touch functionality. We know the screen isn't the issue as we can rotate our linux devices through config settings and it works fine in portrait with touch input. And as I explained above the prop settings on the tinkerboard are changed to rotate the orientation to portrait but the touch input still remains in landscape.

Sorry, after tested, the touch function just like what you said. We need to check it.
(12-08-2017, 09:38 AM)jamess Wrote:

Sorry, after tested, the touch function just like what you said. We need to check it.

Any update on this jamess?
(12-12-2017, 08:42 AM)MrRobinson Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 09:38 AM)jamess Wrote:

Any update on this jamess?

Just to note, we have updated TinkerOS Android to V13.11.43 and although we can now use 90/270 rotation, the touch input issue still remains.
Hi All:
We need a resolution to this problem for our Kiosk project.

Please Help
(12-21-2017, 10:51 PM)Alfm Wrote: Hi All:
We need a resolution to this problem for our Kiosk project.

Please Help

Hi 
    based on Android to V13.12.0.43, you can unzip and push the attached libandroid_servers.so file into /system/lib to replace the original file.
     The touch function should be work well with 0/90/270 orientation. (tested with this panel : https://www.waveshare.com/product/mini-pc/raspberry-pi/7inch-hdmi-lcd-c.htm)

Attached Files
.zip   touch_orientation.zip (Size: 60.01 KB / Downloads: 18)
here my adventure:

Code:
adb connect [ip address of tinkerboard]
adb root
adb connect [ip address of tinkerboard]
adb remount
adb pull /system/build.prop .

here i wanted in potrait mode, so i set

Code:
ro.sf.hwrotation=90

and uploaded back the file with
Code:
adb push build.prop /system

then i also had to run

Code:
adb shell "setprop persist.demo.hdmirotation portrait"

and finally add the fix for the touch  from the previus post of jamess with
Code:
adb push libandroid_servers.so /system/lib

finally rebooted the device (well, actually i reboted at every step and every step i found something new xP)

Code:
adb reboot

now i have only a couple of issue left:

1: the virtual button bar does NOT resize correctly and the buttons seems to be pushed on the right
2: the touch does not responde well. I tested with a touch test app, and seems the touch itself is quite good, is the os that is... laggy

Next step for me in integration of a standard NMEA, or maybe even of a AGPS.. any suggestion? I already have a "standard" serial UBLOX

Tested on V13.12.0.43; please note previus version the touchescreen did NOT work (1024*768)