This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wiringPi for Android
(06-27-2019, 04:40 PM)lobo Wrote: I think you need to chmod 666 /dev/i2c-1. If your app is running after that, you would need to edit ueventd.rk30board.rc. This is done by repacking the boot.img and flashing to TB or directly to sdcard.
If it is not running, your app needs root. If you are on Android Nougat, you would need to install Magisk for that and put some code in your app for getting root permission.

"repacking the boot.img" as in building the android image again?

Is it sufficient that I add chmod 666 /dev/i2c-1 at the end of ueventd.rk30board.rc?

Also, the same file shows the following for ttyS*:
Code:
/dev/ttyS0                0660   bluetooth  net_bt_stack
/dev/ttyS1                0660   bluetooth  net_bt_stack
#/dev/ttyS2                0660   bluetooth  net_bt_stack

And the init.connectivity.rc file shows:
Code:
   chown bluetooth net_bt_stack /dev/ttyS1

chown bluetooth net_bt_stack /dev/ttyS0

Could this be the reason that I am not able to use UART pins? Why do all of them show bluetooth  net_bt_stack?

I am sorry to be asking so many questions. I am not used to Linux or Android. I am learning now.

Thank you
Quote:Is it sufficient that I add chmod 666 /dev/i2c-1 at the end of ueventd.rk30board.rc?
Yes, as this would make it accessible for all users.

Quote:"repacking the boot.img" as in building the android image again?
No, here is a description how to:
https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/threa...ml#pid2585
In section change permission permanently alternative 2 is written what you need.

Quote:Why do all of them show bluetooth  net_bt_stack?
This, for sure is relic. Remember that Asus used for building Android on the TB the SDK from Rockchip. And that for sure was made for smartphones...
Quote:Why do all of them show bluetooth  net_bt_stack?
This, for sure is relic. Remember that Asus used for building Android on the TB the SDK from Rockchip. And that for sure was made for smartphones...
[/quote]

So to use any particular ttyS*, I need to remove the
Code:
bluetooth  net_bt_stack
and make it
Code:
system system
?

like such:

Code:
/dev/ttyS1                0660   system system
in ueventd.rk30board.rc?