This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Microsoft Kinect
##############################
@up
##############################
Ended up using my Pine A64+ 2GB board to get the kinect depth data, then sending that data to my Tinkerboard to visualize it in a NodeJS website. I'd still be interested in getting the kinect to work with the Tinkerboard, however, so that I only need one mini-computer for this project.
(10-24-2017, 01:51 PM)Poeticode Wrote: Ended up using my Pine A64+ 2GB board to get the kinect depth data, then sending that data to my Tinkerboard to visualize it in a NodeJS website. I'd still be interested in getting the kinect to work with the Tinkerboard, however, so that I only need one mini-computer for this project.

I had to solve this problem in the same way but with RPi3 instead Pine A64. Specyficly i run only one ros master on few device to make possible easy exchange of data between them. When Kinect is connect to RPi's USB everything work, i can see depth image on RPi or Tinker Board and make 3D map from point cloud, but after switching Kinect to Tinker Board's USB nothing work Sad I really would like to using only Tinker Board instead few device in such case.
Tinker really has some problem when running Kinect. We are still under debugging, and need more time to check.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamess's post:
  • Voilam
To fix this issue, please try to modify your kernel code then re-compiler kernel.

In kernel, drivers/usb/dwc2/hcd.c
@@ -4211,10 +4211,12 @@ void dwc2_host_complete(struct dwc2_hsotg *hsotg, struct dwc2_qtd *qtd,

if (usb_pipetype(urb->pipe) == PIPE_ISOCHRONOUS) {
urb->error_count = dwc2_hcd_urb_get_error_count(qtd->urb);
+ urb->actual_length = 0;
for (i = 0; i < urb->number_of_packets; ++i) {
urb->iso_frame_desc[i].actual_length =
dwc2_hcd_urb_get_iso_desc_actual_length(
qtd->urb, i);
+ urb->actual_length += urb->iso_frame_desc[i].actual_length;
urb->iso_frame_desc[i].status =
dwc2_hcd_urb_get_iso_desc_status(qtd->urb, i);
}
I will check it and share the results with you Smile
Have you had any success, hubert4242? My tinkerboard is in an exhibit for another week or so before I can try topdjgod's kernel code.
Hi everyone!

I checked modification of kernel and it worked!!! Using Kinect with TinkerBoard is wonderful now (and few times faster then using RPi Tongue )   . I and all our Husarion team are really grateful for that. Thank you @jamess, @topdjgod and all your TinkerBoard team. You done an excellent job Smile 

Greetings,
Hubert.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hubert4242's post:
  • Voilam
hi ,
i am trying to replicate this work to interface my kinect xbox 360 with the tinker board . i have some issue with finding ```kernel, drivers/usb/dwc2/hcd.c ```. inside my kernel folder i can only see ``` i2c and net ``` folders . how to install the usb folder or is this folder missing by default ..also if someone could add some resource on how to edit the kernel file and rebuild it .

this is my os
20171115-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v2.0.4

(10-30-2017, 02:43 AM)topdjgod Wrote: To fix this issue, please try to modify your kernel code then re-compiler kernel.

In kernel, drivers/usb/dwc2/hcd.c
@@ -4211,10 +4211,12 @@ void dwc2_host_complete(struct dwc2_hsotg *hsotg, struct dwc2_qtd *qtd,

if (usb_pipetype(urb->pipe) == PIPE_ISOCHRONOUS) {
               urb->error_count = dwc2_hcd_urb_get_error_count(qtd->urb);
+               urb->actual_length = 0;
               for (i = 0; i < urb->number_of_packets; ++i) {
                       urb->iso_frame_desc[i].actual_length =
                               dwc2_hcd_urb_get_iso_desc_actual_length(
                                               qtd->urb, i);
+                       urb->actual_length += urb->iso_frame_desc[i].actual_length;
                       urb->iso_frame_desc[i].status =
                               dwc2_hcd_urb_get_iso_desc_status(qtd->urb, i);
               }

i am not able to find kernel/drivers/usb/dwc2/hcd.c . i only have i2c and net folder inside my drivers folder . 

my os version 
tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v2.0.4
Hi, Yuvaramsingh
     You need use the Tinker Board official release source code.
     You can reference the following link for download and rebuild the kernel.

https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/wiki/index....are#Kernel