This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Building from Source
Thank you lobo ☺️
I will try this and let you know if this works so far.
The jumper must only be on the volume+ header or on two pins?
Do i have to use or put the files in a special folder or will the flashtool know where the files are?
I found a description about how to use the flashtool on git, so i hope this would work for me☺️
Thank you so far ☺️
Photo 
Sorry, I forgot to explain that the volume+ header must be soldered 2 pins. The Board comes only with solder points, they are between the otg and the hdmi connectors, you can see on the photo. You will need a two pin header. Alternatively you can reboot with adb as follow: 'adb shell reboot bootloader', if you don't have solder tool at hand. But you will need to power the board over the 40p-header. But what if you made an error? It's easier to come to bootloader when you have the volume+ pins to put a jumper.
And, yes, the rkflashtool knows where to store the img file. It reads out the parameters, where the partitions are defined.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-05-2017, 01:04 PM)lobo Wrote: Sorry, I forgot to explain that the volume+ header must be soldered 2 pins. The Board comes only with solder points, they are between the otg and the hdmi connectors, you can see on the photo. You will need a two pin header. Alternatively you can reboot with adb as follow: 'adb shell reboot bootloader', if you don't have solder tool at hand. But you will need to power the board over the 40p-header. But what if you made an error? It's easier to come to bootloader when you have the volume+ pins to put a jumper.
And, yes, the rkflashtool knows where to store the img file. It reads out the parameters, where the partitions are defined.

thank you lobo, i tried the timings and i did flash the .img by using this not the rkflashtool:

Flash image:
Prepare one sdcard which has the full Android image inside.
then insert the sdcard into a linux based OS, and suppose the block device of the sdcard is /dev/sdx
$ sudo dd if=./resource.img of=/dev/sdx seek=32768
$ sudo dd if=./kernel.img of=/dev/sdx seek=65536

but it didn't work so far but maybe because i should use a new image not an already used one i dont' know..

so i wanted to try your solution and brought my TB to hell Big Grin i gave it 12V instead of 5V by mistake Sad now the voltage regulator is damaged^^

i have to buy a new one or could replace the chip but i do not know which chip it is or from which company and which type exactly.
Hello Locke, this is great pity that happened this. As I saw in the schematics, this 5V pins go direct to the RK808 power management chip and to some capacitors. You can find the datasheet here: http://rockchip.fr/RK808%20datasheet%20V0.8.pdf
This chip supports maximum 7V. For how long time there was 12V connected?
Also the outputs of some NX5P30390 USB current limiters are connected to the 5V.
You are able to replace these small chips? I would not be able, because I don't have the right tools.

How did you calculated or found this seek values to flash directly to the sdcard? I didn't found information about that. Only in one post, how to flash the uboot image to sdcard.

I ask the TinkerBoard engineers: Could you provide us this information? (kernel, resource partition offsets) It would be helpful not to destroy accidentally our beloved TinkerBoard.
Another question is: Have you planed to publish the whole Android source code? Other sbc vendors have this done!
(11-07-2017, 12:00 PM)lobo Wrote: Hello Locke, this is great pity that happened this. As I saw in the schematics, this 5V pins go direct to the RK808 power management chip and to some capacitors. You can find the datasheet here: http://rockchip.fr/RK808%20datasheet%20V0.8.pdf
This chip supports maximum 7V. For how long time there was 12V connected?
Also the outputs of some NX5P30390 USB current limiters are connected to the 5V.
You are able to replace these small chips? I would not be able, because I don't have the right tools.

How did you calculated or found this seek values to flash directly to the sdcard? I didn't found information about that. Only in one post, how to flash the uboot image to sdcard.

I ask the TinkerBoard engineers: Could you provide us this information? (kernel, resource partition offsets) It would be helpful not to destroy accidentally our beloved TinkerBoard.
Another question is: Have you planed to publish the whole Android source code? Other sbc vendors have this done!

Hi Lobo,
thank you for these informations like the datasheet.
I guess it was too long because i could smell it that something got burned Sad
Yes i could replace it, in my company we have some equipment to do this but i have already bought a new TB so i will see if i will repleace the parts.

I found it here in the wiki: https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/wiki/index....e=Software in "How-tos in Android" the last part.

Oh nice that you ask them, hopefully they write you back : )
Oh, thank you. A month or two ago there was no information in the wiki. Or maybe I havn't seen. But it didn't work for you, so I am in doubt that tis is correct. And to your question: The kernel an the resource partition should stay always the same, So it must be writable with dd tool also on used sdcard.
(11-07-2017, 05:49 PM)lobo Wrote: Oh, thank you. A month or two ago there was no information in the wiki. Or maybe I havn't seen. But it didn't work for you, so I am in doubt that tis is correct. And to your question: The kernel an the resource partition should stay always the same, So it must be writable with dd tool also on used sdcardkay
Okay, i don't know exactly if it worked because i could transfer the .img files with success, and after that i could also boot up with an other display I'm using instead of the Waveshare, but i found out that for the waveshare display it is neccessary to connect at first the USB and then the HDMI, maybe that's the problem because i tried it on a windows computer (windows supports it without modification) and had to do the same and then it worked ( I first connected USB then i connected HDMI). And now i can't try again on Waveshare because i destroyed my TB ?.
Tomorrow my new TB is going to be delivered so i will try this and give you all Feedback.
I also asked Waveshare directly to send mi the display Datasheet to get the correct timings and values.
okay nice i got it it is working now and this without the rkflashtool : )

update...

it is not working... it works only when i boot up with an other display and then change and connect it to the waveshar 7"..

Why?

greets
What timings you are using? Please show them here. I had the same when the timings were wrong.
(11-09-2017, 06:54 PM)lobo Wrote: What timings you are using? Please show them here. I had the same when the timings were wrong.

I'm using the timings you gave me for the 7" like the same lostangel where using and as you are using for your 7" display.
the only different to your solution is that i used lostangel ones where i put the timings into the asus-lcd.dtsi
But i'll show you them up tomorrow and will completly explain what i exactly did.
But i don't have to do something in the u-boot section? only modifing in kernel source right?