This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Building from Source
(11-09-2017, 07:05 PM)Locke Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 06:54 PM)lobo Wrote: What timings you are using? Please show them here. I had the same when the timings were wrong.

I'm using the timings you gave me for the 7" like the same lostangel where using and as you are using for your 7" display.
the only different to your solution is that i used lostangel ones where i put the timings into the asus-lcd.dtsi
But i'll show you them up tomorrow and will completly explain what i exactly did.
But i don't have to do something in the u-boot section? only modifing in kernel source right?

good morning,

so here are the three files with the modification for the 7" display.
And also the display datasheet of the waveshare display i got yesterday from them.

7 inch modifications

greets
Sorry, I can't open the archive, not with linux nor with windows pc. The archive seems to be damaged.
(11-10-2017, 09:01 AM)lobo Wrote: Sorry, I can't open the archive, not with linux nor with windows pc. The archive seems to be damaged.

ah okay don't know why but try this one modifications1
Hi Locke,
I can't see in rockship-hdmi-lcd.c that you have changed the timings to 1024x600. From looking into the datasheet, I have doubts that are working the timings I used for the Odroid Vu7 lcd. Try this timings instead:
Code:
    {
        .mode = {
            .name = "1024x600p@60hzWS",
            .refresh = 60,
            .xres = 1024,
            .yres = 600,
            .pixclock = 51210000,
            .left_margin = 160,
            .right_margin = 140,
            .upper_margin = 20,
            .lower_margin = 12,
            .hsync_len = 20,
            .vsync_len = 3,
            .sync = FB_SYNC_HOR_HIGH_ACT | FB_SYNC_VERT_HIGH_ACT,
            .vmode = 0,
            .flag = 0,
        },
        .vic = HDMI_VIDEO_DMT | 11,  //512 | 11 = 523
        .vic_2nd = 0,
        .pixelrepeat = 1,
        .interface = OUT_P888,
    },

Here is a nice site that explains how to read the timings in the datasheet:https://www.digi.com/resources/documenta...isplay.htm
(11-10-2017, 06:44 PM)lobo Wrote: Hi Locke,
I can't see in rockship-hdmi-lcd.c that you have changed the timings to 1024x600. From looking into the datasheet, I have doubts that are working the timings I used for the Odroid Vu7 lcd. Try this timings instead:
Code:
    {
        .mode = {
            .name = "1024x600p@60hzWS",
            .refresh = 60,
            .xres = 1024,
            .yres = 600,
            .pixclock = 51210000,
            .left_margin = 160,
            .right_margin = 140,
            .upper_margin = 20,
            .lower_margin = 12,
            .hsync_len = 20,
            .vsync_len = 3,
            .sync = FB_SYNC_HOR_HIGH_ACT | FB_SYNC_VERT_HIGH_ACT,
            .vmode = 0,
            .flag = 0,
        },
        .vic = HDMI_VIDEO_DMT | 11,  //512 | 11 = 523
        .vic_2nd = 0,
        .pixelrepeat = 1,
        .interface = OUT_P888,
    },

Here is a nice site that explains how to read the timings in the datasheet:https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90001945-13/reference/yocto/r_an_adding_custom_display.htm

hmm okay thats now a little bit confusing why i gave you the original backup files but okay sorry... my fault.. i will try the timings you wrote down here i hope this could work.
thank you for the link this is very useful.
okay i tried now the new timings also have changed a little bit because you have mistaken HBP (140) with HFB (160), but the display won't boot up from start...
it is only working when i connect first to an other monitor and then connect it to the wave share..
why do you use pixclock 51210000 shouldn't be it 51200000 (i used this) ?

any idea why or what would be necessary to modify that the display boots up or better say the TB boots up from start.

the status leds showing this: https://picload.org/view/draidpgr/img_20...4.jpg.html

here are my files now https://files.fm/u/pck88822
Big Grin 
Hi Locke,
I tried a lot today with my Odroid VU7 display. Luckily that yesterday I received my second TB. Smile My first Tb is already installed in the car.
I found the same behavior, when I changed the pixclock, And as I remember when I was trying weeks ago I had the same. In the logs it can be seen that the kernel stops to load with 'rkclk: pll clk_cpll: can't lock! status_shift=7'.
After a lot of trying, now I found that in the devicetree must be set the same clock-frequency as in rockchip-hdmi-lcd.c .pixclock. If they are different, the pll won't lock.
You can try with 51200000, it should not make big difference as it means the refresh rate is a bit less than 60Hz.

Good luck!
Okay so i guess you want to tell me that i should have a look what the logs are saying in my case and debugg it ; )
So good i will do this ; ) but what you mean with "in the device tree" (of the image on the sdcard right?).
But which file or what exactly i have to do in the device tree there?
In the devicetree means in the "lcd-asus.dtsi". But I didn't saw that you have set it already to 51200000. So it's difficult for me to see what happen on your configuration without to have a look into the log. If you have an 3.3V serial adapter you can connect it to the pins 8 and 10. Serial adapter pin rx to 8 and tx to 10. But please don't use use an 5V adapter, it could damage the gpio of the TB.
But i set it in the asus-lcd.dtsi dont you see it in the zip file i have uploaded? ( In timing 1 i set it)