This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Building from Source
(11-11-2017, 07:30 PM)lobo Wrote: But I didn't saw that you have set it already to 51200000. 

Sorry for my bad english, but I wanted to explain that I first not have seen this, but later yes. As I found with my display that it should work like you have made. I have made with my hardware everything possible to find why it is not working for you. To investigate more, let me see the log. Alternatively you could upload your kernel.img and resource.img and I try it with my TB.
(11-12-2017, 09:33 AM)lobo Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 07:30 PM)lobo Wrote: But I didn't saw that you have set it already to 51200000. 

Sorry for my bad english, but I wanted to explain that I first not have seen this, but later yes. As I found with my display that it should work like you have made. I have made with my hardware everything possible to find why it is not working for you. To investigate more, let me see the log. Alternatively you could upload your kernel.img and resource.img and I try it with my TB.

this would be great if you could try it and debug it with my .img files because i don't know how long it will take to set it all up to debug on my own :Big Grin here they are: https://files.fm/u/wvu2aqyb

Maybe one additional thing could you try it in two ways?

1. try to flash them with your common method like bringing the TB in Bootloader mode with volume+ pin and flash it.
2. try it like it's explained on the wiki page i posted in the previous post (thats the way i do, so maybe this won't work).

thank you!

p.s. what i really don't realize is why this all has worked for lostangel.. because in the preview posts he is also talking from the waveshare 1024x600 display and everything should have been working.

update:
i see that method 2. of flashing the kernel should had worked because i can see that it's flashed or made by myself https://picload.org/view/drawiodi/img_20...6.jpg.html
Hello Locke,
please set in rockchip-hdmi.h the value from true to false:

Code:
#define HDMI_AUTO_CONFIG        false

This should fix the boot issue.
I forgot about this detail, maybe because I changed a lot of code when I searched for a solution weeks ago.
(11-12-2017, 05:51 PM)lobo Wrote: Hello Locke,
please set in rockchip-hdmi.h the value from true to false:

Code:
#define HDMI_AUTO_CONFIG        false

This should fix the boot issue.
I forgot about this detail, maybe because I changed a lot of code when I searched for a solution weeks ago.

okay i'll try no problem lucky that you help me ; )

i also thought maybe i should use DE mode and set the value to 1.

thank you

shit.........
it works  Big Grin Big Grin  Heart Big Grin Big Grin Smile Smile Cool

nice bro you really know what you are doing  Cool 

thank you very much Smile
now the next step i have to get done is to controll the backlight because this is not working.
Maybe it won't work because waveshare din't implement it on there board because there is only one keyswich on the backlight where i can turn the backlight on or off.
is it maybe possible to regulate over the usb where the power supply for the display and also the backlight and the touch are implemented, your ODROID-VU7 Plus is nearly the same concept i have seen.

okay so maybe this way https://wiki.odroid.com/accessory/displa...th_android are you doing this right now?

greets
I was wondering if maybe the Waveshare 7" and the VU7+ are coming from one and the same company. I know that the VU7+ is not produced from Hardkernel itself. So take a look with zooming glasses, if you find a chip 4103 on the pcb. Then you could test if you can control the backlight at the pin 4 of the 4103. But never connect directly 0V or 3.3V or 5V to the pin, always use a resistor as 1k in series for it.
Hi, all
I have a problem.
When I execute the command: make rockchip_defconfig -j4,
I see the messages:
HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o

SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c

SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.lex.c

SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o

HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf

arch/arm/configs/rockchip_defconfig:305:warning: override: RTL8723BS changes choice state

#
# configuration written to .config

What this warning means?
(06-13-2018, 07:38 PM)vintm Wrote: Hi, all
I have a problem.
When I execute the command: make rockchip_defconfig -j4,
I see the messages:
HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o

SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c

SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.lex.c

SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o

HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf

arch/arm/configs/rockchip_defconfig:305:warning: override: RTL8723BS changes choice state

#
# configuration written to .config

What this warning means?

Hi vintm,

Quote:arch/arm/configs/rockchip_defconfig:305:warning: override: RTL8723BS changes choice state

You can see two configs in file kernel/arch/arm/configs/rockchip_defconfig.
Line: 304 CONFIG_RTL8188EU=y
Line: 305 CONFIG_RTL8723BS=y

In Kconfig syntax, only one choice can be selected in a choice group.
CONFIG_RTL8188EU and CONFIG_RTL8723BS are in the same choice group.
(you can see "Kconfig syntax" in https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation...nguage.txt )

So CONFIG_RTL8188EU is overriden by CONFIG_RTL8723BS.

Actually, CONFIG_RTL8723BS is right choice for WiFi driver.

Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks for your help.
I have corrected CONFIG_RTL8188EU=y on CONFIG_RTL8188EU=n
The warning disappeared.
Hi, all
Аnother question, when I do make rk3288-miniarm.img -j4
I see:
"Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
/home/admin/android-6.0.1_kernel/mkkrnlimg: 1: /home/admin/android-6.0.1_kernel/mkkrnlimg: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
/home/admin/android-6.0.1_kernel/arch/arm/Makefile:341: ошибка выполнения рецепта для цели «kernel.img»
make: *** [kernel.img] Ошибка 2"

How to fix error?