This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uputronics GPS HAT not compatible with tinkerboard?
When I install the Uputronics GPS HAT onto the tinkerboard, the tinkerboard doesn't boot.   Cry

The lights show power to both the board and the GPUS, but there is no hard drive activity.  I've waited for a couple minutes.  The processor is pretty hot.  When I take the HAT off and reboot, the board boots up.

I've tried the linaro tinker os image v2.01 as well as the latest dietpi.  The power supply is a 2.5A power supply from canna (I don't think it is a power supply issue).

I'd like to get this GPS board working on this hardware for a stratum-1 gps/ntp time server.

Thanks.
(10-17-2017, 02:24 AM)thedj Wrote: When I install the Uputronics GPS HAT onto the tinkerboard, the tinkerboard doesn't boot.   Cry

The lights show power to both the board and the GPUS, but there is no hard drive activity.  I've waited for a couple minutes.  The processor is pretty hot.  When I take the HAT off and reboot, the board boots up.

I've tried the linaro tinker os image v2.01 as well as the latest dietpi.  The power supply is a 2.5A power supply from canna (I don't think it is a power supply issue).

I'd like to get this GPS board working on this hardware for a stratum-1 gps/ntp time server.

Thanks.

You can try a ctl/alt/delete when the screen is blanked.
Maybe the screen saver is activating.
I booted before and with a blank no video screen and a simple ctl/alt/delete woke it up.
Many pins have multiple functions, and The Tinker and the Pi aren't 100% compatible for HATs depending on which pin function is being used.  You should contact Uputronics and see what they say.  

It could be just a quick change in the software they provided.  Unfortunately, it could also be that they need their HAT pin 12 to talk to Tinker pin 32 or 33 instead, if they are using PWM.  This will probably mean it won't work without resorting to jumper wires and a non-HAT solution would probably work out better.  

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.  I'm hardly an expert.
(10-17-2017, 02:24 AM)thedj Wrote: When I install the Uputronics GPS HAT onto the tinkerboard, the tinkerboard doesn't boot.   Cry

Thanks.

Can you help to update the u-boot and try again ?
$ sudo dd if=./u-boot.img of=/dev/sdx seek=64

you can reference the following link for detail
https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/wiki/index....are#U-boot

Attached Files
.zip   u-boot.zip (Size: 224.87 KB / Downloads: 5)