This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TinkerOS_Debian V2.0.3 (Beta version) Release
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Linu....3.img.zip

TinkerOS_Debian V2.0.3 (Beta version)
TinkerOS default username is “linaro”, password is “linaro”
1. Add CLI and GUI's Configuration Tools (BETA). (CLI: tinker-config & GUI: Preferences > Tinker Board Configuration)
2. Fixed DSI failed to bring up. (for v2.0.1)
3. Let USB audio card would not break the PulseAudio's some setting.
4. Enable UART4.
5. Add a node to provide the board's information at "/proc/board_info". (e.g. Tinker Board)
6. Add more hardware interface config (SPI0/UART2/UART3/UART4/PCM) setting at hw_intf.conf.
7. Fixed some OV5647 model cant enable.
8. Fix USB handle NAK for IN OUT SSPLIT CSPLIT transfer. (GitHub debian_kernel#3)
9. Fixed lxsession some functions (Logout / Switch User) not work.
10. Update QT5, GStreamer, xserver packages.
11. Support USB-AC56 (RTL8812AU), USB-AC68 (RTL8814AU).
12. Modify DTS overlay folder name & add prefix/postfix for overlay file(s).
13. Support more Audio DAC HAT. (e.g. HiFiBerry DAC+ Light, HiFiBerry DAC+ Standard (RCA), HiFiBerry AMP+, IQAudio Pi-DAC+, IQAudio Pi-DAC Pro, IQAudio Pi-DigiAMP+)
14. Add a 100MB Swap Space for system.
15. Support use lshw to show the board's informations.
16. HDMI: Let system try to use some default resolutions (e.g. 1080P) to fix sometime cant detection with right resolutions.
17. Enable PPS GPIO.
18. Change default hostname to "tinkerboard". (can find the device with tinkerboard.local at local network)
19. [SECURITY-PATCH] Bluetooth: Properly check L2CAP config option output buffer length.
20. Fixed x window screen blank after system's time update.
21. Auto detects the rootfs path.
22. Enable Docker support.
23. Use systemd-timesyncd to replace the ntp, let time sync more quickly.
24. Fixed tty1 can't login's error.

MD5: f026cb4713b4965201cec64ec24186d1
First notes of playing with this new version:

(10-31-2017, 09:44 AM)Tinker Board Wrote:  Add CLI and GUI's Configuration Tools (BETA). (CLI: tinker-config & GUI: Preferences > Tinker Board Configuration)

Nice to see that integrated - looks like main difference is a different (better) method of display config ?
Is yours on github? - would be good to merge them.
https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/thread-400.html

Quote: Fixed some OV5647 model cant enable

My Rpi camera 1.3 is now working with proper colours:
Code:
gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw,format=NV12,width=640,height=480 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink

Looks here for other pi camera scripts: https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/thread-724.html

Other apps don't like accessing it via /dev/video0 - probably need some other setting.

I also can't yet get the adobe flash plugin working just yet on this image (as I did here on 2.01):
https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/thread-703.html
(10-31-2017, 09:44 AM)Tinker Board Wrote: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Linu....3.img.zip

TinkerOS_Debian V2.0.3 (Beta version)
TinkerOS default username is “linaro”, password is “linaro”
1. Add CLI and GUI's Configuration Tools (BETA). (CLI: tinker-config & GUI: Preferences > Tinker Board Configuration)
2. Fixed DSI failed to bring up. (for v2.0.1)
3. Let USB audio card would not break the PulseAudio's some setting.
4. Enable UART4.
5. Add a node to provide the board's information at "/proc/board_info". (e.g. Tinker Board)
6. Add more hardware interface config (SPI0/UART2/UART3/UART4/PCM) setting at hw_intf.conf.
7. Fixed some OV5647 model cant enable.
8. Fix USB handle NAK for IN OUT SSPLIT CSPLIT transfer. (GitHub debian_kernel#3)
9. Fixed lxsession some functions (Logout / Switch User) not work.
10. Update QT5, GStreamer, xserver packages.
11. Support USB-AC56 (RTL8812AU), USB-AC68 (RTL8814AU).
12. Modify DTS overlay folder name & add prefix/postfix for overlay file(s).
13. Support more Audio DAC HAT. (e.g. HiFiBerry DAC+ Light, HiFiBerry DAC+ Standard (RCA), HiFiBerry AMP+, IQAudio Pi-DAC+, IQAudio Pi-DAC Pro, IQAudio Pi-DigiAMP+)
14. Add a 100MB Swap Space for system.
15. Support use lshw to show the board's informations.
16. HDMI: Let system try to use some default resolutions (e.g. 1080P) to fix sometime cant detection with right resolutions.
17. Enable PPS GPIO.
18. Change default hostname to "tinkerboard". (can find the device with tinkerboard.local at local network)
19. [SECURITY-PATCH] Bluetooth: Properly check L2CAP config option output buffer length.
20. Fixed x window screen blank after system's time update.
21. Auto detects the rootfs path.
22. Enable Docker support.
23. Use systemd-timesyncd to replace the ntp, let time sync more quickly.
24. Fixed tty1 can't login's error.

MD5: f026cb4713b4965201cec64ec24186d1

Very good new version.  Many fixes.
No crashes, smooth youtube, kodi works, all audio works without going to pulse audio, and clock updates quickly.
Update/Upgrade didn't break anything.
Gwenview works great. Very nice picture viewing program. I like the browser button and slide show.
Screen blanks but can be opened with ctl/alt/delete.  Or just keep a browser opened on the desktop.

VPN has a problem. It says libnm....openvpn-editor.so missing. I can't find it in synaptic.
Do you know a solution?
Does Chrome 61 have hardware acceleration in TinkerOS 2.03? Thanks.
(11-01-2017, 12:33 AM)qaplus Wrote: Does Chrome 61 have hardware acceleration in TinkerOS 2.03? Thanks.

Yes it does. After install the chromium version is 60.
You must lock version for chromium to keep it as ver 60.
If you upgrade the system it will install ver 61 which is not accelerated.

You should install, search/highlite chromium and using synaptic>packages>lockVersion for Chromium
Then upgade the system using synaptic. Never upgrade the system with apt-get. It will install the ver 61.
(10-31-2017, 10:52 PM)Jay Smith Wrote: VPN has a problem.  It says libnm....openvpn-editor.so  missing.  I can't find it in synaptic.
Do you know a solution?

May I know your detail step of this issue? We will try to reproduce and fix.
(11-01-2017, 12:59 AM)jamess Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 10:52 PM)Jay Smith Wrote: VPN has a problem.  It says libnm....openvpn-editor.so  missing.  I can't find it in synaptic.
Do you know a solution?

May I know your detail step of this issue? We will try to reproduce and fix.

I solved it.
Need to install  network-manager-openvpn-gnome
Without it I got a editor.so plugin missing.  Why I don't know.

The detailed steps of the issue.
I clicked on the wireless icon on the panel>vpn connection>configure vpn>import a configured vpn opvn file.
I selected the ovpn file.
Then I got the missing editor.so in a path that I can't remember.

This is my steps to setup VPN.
1 Install openvpn and network-manager-openvpn and network-manager-openvpn-gnome. Use synaptic
2 Left click your wireless icon on panel/taskbar and select vpn connections>configure vpn.
  choose import a saved vpn configuration located at the bottom>create
  Navigate to the saved ovpn file you got from the vpn service.
  Input the user id and password from the vpn service. Shouldn't need to do anything else.
  Note: ovpn file is not executable. It must be imported within the create vpn menu.
3 left click wireless icon>vpnConnection>checkCheckboxVpnService>Enter password.
  A lock should appear on the wireless icon showing that the vpn is activated.
  Use these to see your new vpn ip. http://ipecho.net/ https://ipleak.net/

Chromium isn't accelerated using the about:gpu
Do we need to revert back to version 59?
If so how. I never reverted back before.

These are the only two issues with the new version 2.0.3
It's much better.

I just re-installed and lock version for chromium v60.
And only upgrade using synaptic. This way chromium stays v60 which is accelerated.
I'll keep it this way till they fix chromium.
(11-01-2017, 01:29 AM)Jay Smith Wrote: Chromium isn't accelerated using the about:gpu
Do we need to revert back to version 59?
If so how.  I never reverted back before.

These are the only two issues with the new version 2.0.3
It's much better.

I just re-installed and lock version for chromium v60.
And only upgrade using synaptic.  This way chromium stays v60 which is accelerated.
I'll keep it this way till they fix chromium.

Can you add the following 2 soft links and check if there are any improve ? thanks
ln -s /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv2.so /usr/lib/chromium/libGLESv2.so
ln -s /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libEGL.so /usr/lib/chromium/libEGL.so
Is it possible to upgrade 2.0.1 to this version?
Will perform HDMI resolution test using my TOS 2.0.1 setup on this new TOS 2.0.3 in the coming days. Reading the update list looks promising though.... Will do a fresh install for the test just to be sure.

Anybody wanna join me in posting your HDMI resolution test results?