This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Micro SD Reader Problem
Hello,

I bought a Tinkerboard from Pollin.de and had a few problems at the start.

First it did not work with a class 10 32 GB Hama microSD which works in my Raspberry Pi2. I used another one and I got the Tinkerboard running for a few days.

This week I tried to install another image and i saw that the mircoSD Slot was not soldered correctly. The soldering joints where loose
After that I tried to resolder the sheet which should be now be back in correct position. The contact pins for the SD-card seems to be okay but I never get my Tinkerboard to boot again. Always a RED-Led?

Does anyone has a clue?

I have used many 4 Raspberry Pis and one Odroid and never had a problem with the SD-Card Slot. This is really poor quality from Asus.
(04-11-2017, 08:58 PM)darthvader007 Wrote: Does anyone has a clue?

hi,

i've got mine at pollin too. my first board stopped working after a week. don't know why. i got a exchange because it was in the 14 days cancellation period.

regards,

tx0h
Please read the posts about power supply issues. This could be related to SD-card read and corruption problems.

The SD-card may be fine after you re-write the image if your power supply is the problem.

You may have an SD-card/slot issue, but be sure to check everything else also.

Were you able to verify the solder joints were bad with an ohm meter?