This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to create a backup as .img file
(06-12-2018, 12:57 AM)TkBd Wrote: I dumped TinkerOS via win32diskimager, it create a size of 14.5G. I tried your script, it reduced to 106MB. How terrific !!
Oh, I'd expect it to reduce filesize to around 4G ... 106MB sounds too low, like the script failed !

As well as reducing filesize, it's useful to be able to clone a large card (e.g. 64GB) to a smaller one (16GB)

Quote:How to restore backup image to TinkerBoard, just as same as the burning up procedure? Do I some extra steps such as expand space or something like a kind of restore in size? 
Restore the .img as normal in win32diskimager,
then run
Code:
sudo tinker-config

when booted to expand to make full use of the card.
You can use win32 disk imager tool. Give a name for the image file, select the drive you inserted SD and click read.
(03-17-2019, 05:42 PM)sinanozcan Wrote: You can use win32 disk imager tool. Give a name for the image file, select the drive you inserted SD and click read.

The size of the image depends on the size of the sd card is not it?
French