This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volumio S/PDIF drop outs
I have installed the lastest Volumio version for the Tinkerboard.

I have connected the RCA female on the pin and negative on the GPIO pins.

When i play music via my DAC it drops out heavily. The display says not connected and comes back again.....

Someone got an idea to try?? or has the same problems?

Can I change a setting somewhere?
Checked the Asound debug files and as far as i can see its playing bitperfect.

Even mounted a toslink female jack on the board but as i allready thought no difference.

Code:
access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: S16_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 44100 (44100/1)
period_size: 5513
buffer_size: 22050
(01-22-2018, 08:27 PM)Detectit Wrote: Checked the Asound debug files and as far as i can see its playing bitperfect.

Even mounted a toslink female jack on the board but as i allready thought no difference.

Code:

Hi Detectit:

Does the audio data drop out when using other audio output? Headset or HDMI?

The SPDIF known issue is playing a 176.4kHz file results in distorted sound, it is Realtek USB audio firmware issue and we will provide solution soon.
But I see your hw_params rate is 44.1k so it maybe not the same problem.
(01-25-2018, 06:27 AM)Angus_Wang Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 08:27 PM)Detectit Wrote: Checked the Asound debug files and as far as i can see its playing bitperfect.

Code:

Hi Detectit:

Does the audio data drop out when using other audio output? Headset or HDMI?

The SPDIF known issue is playing a 176.4kHz file results in distorted sound, it is Realtek USB audio firmware issue and we will provide solution soon.
But I see your hw_params rate is 44.1k so it maybe not the same problem.

May I ask if there is any update please?
If it drops out, are you convinced the pin you soldered in on the SPDIF out is well connected?
I soldered a pin in, connected an RCA header and the coaxial SPDIF works flawlessly (both with Linux and Volumio).
The reason for dropping SPDIF is, that the SPDIF pad is not meant to be used like this. You are likely to destroy your hardware by doing so!
See my other post on the matter!
/Uwe