Installing Play Store from GAPPs
The Open GApps Project
OPEN GAPPs is an open-source to get Google play store apks, although GAPPs does not work well on Tinker Android.
Here is a script to get Google play store apks from GAPPs source, and you need to put apks into Android image and fix permissions.
How to install Google Play on Tinker board Android 7.1
1. Download open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-2018xxxx.zip from GAPPS (https://opengapps.org/)
Platform:ARM, Android:7.1, Variant:pico
2. Find a computer for extracting Google play store apks from GAPPs.
3. Install package lzip.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install lzip
4. Extract Google play store apks from open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-2018xxxx.zip and get all apks in folder APK_file.
Download File:Android Extract.zip to get file extract.sh.
sh ./extract.sh your_zip_file.zip
5. Use adb over Wi-Fi to connect Tinker board, we assume the IP address is 192.168.1.10 for this example.
6. Enter the following commands to push Google Play apks into system.
adb connect 192.168.1.10 adb root adb connect 192.168.1.10 adb remount adb push GoogleLoginService.apk /system/priv-app/ adb push GoogleServicesFramework.apk /system/priv-app/ adb push Phonesky.apk /system/priv-app/ adb push PrebuiltGmsCore.apk /system/priv-app/ adb push GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk /system/priv-app/ adb push GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk /system/priv-app/ adb reboot
7. After reboot, please enter below commands to fix permissions.
Download File:Android Fix permissions.zip to get file fix_permissions.sh.
adb connect 192.168.1.10 adb root adb connect 192.168.1.10 adb remount adb push fix_permissions.sh /sdcard/ adb shell sh /sdcard/fix_permissions.sh
8. Grant all permissions for Google Play service and Google Play Store, you can find them from Settings -> Apps.
9. Now, you can open Play Store and login your account.
10. If you want to install the other apps not extracted from GAPPS 7.1 pico package.
You can modify extract.sh script to extract what you want.
Remember to add more permission for apps.
To add more permission, you can refer to Android Documentation website. (https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/permissions/overview)